Watch this tutorial to learn how to handle Domain not active message:
To handle the “Domain not active” message:
- From the dashboard, click the Domain button.
- Click Set unique domain from the dropdown menu.
- From the Domain Settings window, click the +Add Existing Domain button.
- Fill in your own custom domain name into the text field.
- The message should read “The domain was added successfully to your domain list.” Then hit the blue OK button.
- Read why the domain is not active. It can be handled easily through your domain registrar panel.
Let Us Do It for you
- Click the blue “Do It For Me” button and fill in the listed details.
- Hit the green SEND button - Once the process is complete, we will email you to notify you within 24 to 48 hours.
For Advanced users
Connecting your existing domain to your SITE123 website is a quick set-up. All you need to do is set two domain records on your domain registrar panel:
- Create a CNAME record for WWW, pointing to ssl.site123.com
- Create an A record for @ (empty), pointing to the following IP address: 126.96.36.199.
- Once it's done your domain will turn active.
Domain already connected to SITE123 servers?
If you are already connected to a SITE123 server, there is no need to update to the new SSL cname or update your DNS records.
- From the dashboard, click on "Domains" button and choose "Setup SSL" Click the toggle switch on to activate SSL.
- An alert will appear indicating this activation may take up to 2 hours to complete.
- Your website will become SSL protected shortly thereafter.